Wednesday 6 March 2013

Disappointment

 
Disappointment. An emotion I absolutely hate but have sadly been feeling this week. Early in the week Gav and I had applied for 2 rental properties that we viewed on the weekend and fell in love with. I was trying not to get too excited about them but Gav was incredibly excited and his excitement made me excited and suddenly we were talking about when we could move in, where our furniture would go in each place and how amazing our new lifestyle would be living a 2 minute walk to the best restaurant and pubs in town. When the news came through that we had missed out on each property we were both gutted and just super disappointed.
 
As we usually do we had romanticised each property and to find out we didn’t get them was really sucky and reminded me why I shouldn’t get ahead of myself! I hate feeling disappointed and am going to do my best to not let it get to this point again.
 
I know it’s a first world problem and we should feel lucky that we have the option to live in a nice home in a safe, beautiful country but this has been a big part of my week this week which is why I decided to blog about it.
 
How do you handle dissapointment? Is it worth getting your hopes up about something or best to stay neutral and not get too excited about things?
 
 

1 comment:

  1. i tend to not get hopes up on anything. i just get crushed when things don't work out. and it happens every time no matter that i know it will end up that way. i am still crushed in the end.

    ReplyDelete